In your purple books please write the GOAL and do the starter exercise
Starter: please write these words in your book use a dictionary or go online to find out the meaning of the word:- betray, jealous and eternal
GOAL about the Easter Story through a reading comprehension
Firstly, read the text carefully about the Easter Story, then answer the questions in sentences where possible, in your books leaving a line between each answer and numbers in the margin.
Extension when you have finished your work you can research what a Simnel Cake is and what it symbolises at Easter.
Easter reading comprehension
Starter. If you have a 5 minute speed tables sheet, ask an adult to time you for 5 minutes and complete the bottom box on the sheet. If you do not have a speed tables sheet please complete the times table challenge and record your score in the back of your book.
GOAL: converting between metric units of length
Please write the GOAL in your book and TYM p85. Complete section A, B, C which you would normally do in class; you can always do an extra section if you want to push yourself
Extension Write your calculations in your book.
1. One lap of running track is 400m. How far is ten laps in kilometres?
2. Large pins are 3.5cm long. Small pins are 15mm shorter. How long are small pins?
3. A door is 1.9m tall. There is 76cm from the top of the door to the ceiling. What is the height of the room?
4. The fence round a square field is 1 km long. What is the length of one side of the field in metres?
5. Each sheet of card is 1.5mm thick. There are 50 sheets in a pack.How thick is a pack in centimetres?
6. Ben walks 765m to the canal and 5.68km along the towpath. How far does he walk altogether?
Please record in your diary; you could think about how you are feeling about not coming to school and then also include 2 things that have made you happy today.