Quinton Primary School recognises the value of Physical Education (P.E.). We fully adhere to the aims of the National Curriculum for P.E. to ensure that all children:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
P.E. is taught at Quinton Primary School as an area of learning in its own right as well as being integrated, where possible, with other curriculum areas. P.E. is taught for 2 hours per week for every class. We teach lessons so that children:
- Have fun and experience success in sport
- Have the opportunity to participate in P.E. at their own level of development
- Secure and build on a range of skills
- Develop good sporting attitudes
- Understand basic rules
- Experience positive competition
- Learn in a safe environment
- Have a foundation for lifelong physical activity, leaving primary school as physically active
P.E. is taught as a basis for lifelong learning, where the children have access to a wide range of activities in the belief that if taught well and the children are allowed to succeed, then they will continue to have a physically active life. A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all children to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. At Quinton Primary School, we provide opportunities for children to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness, honesty and respect.
Please see our Physical Education Policy and Physical Education Programme for more information.
After having achieved the Sports Mark Bronze award in the academic year 2018- 2019, we are now working towards gaining our Sports Mark Gold award. A large part of this award is taking part in intra and inter school competitions. We hope to be able to achieve this award before too long.